According to the Journals of Gerontology, “one in three baby boomers falls into the category of separated, divorced, widowed, or never married.” Millennials are also following this trend; a recent Gallup poll indicates that 59 percent of the 73 million millennials are single and have never married. Adding fuel to the fire is the decline in the number of people available to provide in-home care, including family members. Age, longevity, singledom, loneliness, and isolation is a recipe for disaster.
Who Will Take Care of Me When I’m Old?: Plan Now to Safeguard Your Health and Happiness in Old Age by Joy Loverde is a step-by-step guide to living the life you want for as long as possible.
“The aging book of the next decade; the ”go-to” book that should be read as a rite of passage into positive aging."
Richard Leider, International bestselling author of The Power of Purpose, Repacking Your Bags, and Life Reimagined
“Clear, practical, relevant, vital… this book engages readers to create
their own customizable plan for aging. An exceptionally worthwhile read.”
Bob Blancato, Chairman, American Society on Aging
Loverde has spent a lifetime interacting with thousands of true experts—old people themselves. Using their advice as a blueprint, Loverde outlines five sections to think about and get in order when planning for old age: personal readiness, housing, relationships (including beloved pets), chronic illness and health, and end of life. Who Will Take Care of Me When I’m Old? includes:
• Real solutions for creating a support network
• Tools to foster smarter decision-making including checklists, worksheets, and links to external resources
• Tips on making a home age-friendly and essential questions to ask the experts
• Suggestions for planning in areas such as livable neighborhoods, finances, LGBTQ, end of life, and dementia care
• The latest products and services to make a smoother aging transition
• Books, movies, songs, and TED Talks for insight and inspiration
A comprehensive manual to creating a quality old age, Who Will Take Care of Me When I’m Old? is designed to be consulted again and again as life evolves and circumstances change.
October 24, 2017 Paperback $17.99 296 Pages
Self-Help/Aging ISBN: 978-0-7382-1963-9 Lifelong Books